Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hello my friends. It has been a very long time. I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days. Unfortunately, my job is overwhelming, but I'm trying to make some changes there. I would appreciate any prayers; I know God will guide me. I try to leave work at a reasonable time, I come home to Sean and Elena and after she goes to bed, I work until very late at night . . . every night. For this, I hope to step down soon, whether I leave the company or step down to another job within. I don't care about the money; we will adjust. I just care about my family and my health. Well, enough about that! More importantly . . .

Elena is doing so great! She is just growing so fast. We can't believe that a year ago this week, we were visiting her for the first time. (Oh, which means HAPPY GOTCHA DAY TO OUR FRIENDS LORI, JOEL AND SONJA!). Today we went for her second haircut. She is napping or I would have given you a before and after. She needed a haircut BAD! You can see that in the pics below that we took earlier this week. We had wonderful holidays with our families and we are having a great year so far. Elena's health has been good; although, the runny nose is neverending. We don't know if that is becuase of constant cold (daycare) or perhaps she has alergies?? It doesn't faze her a bit, it's just messy. She had pink eye (both eyes) a few weeks ago and she dealt with that pretty well too. She's just amazing. She's such a happy child. The only reason she every vomits is because she is laughing too hard. We can't imagine life without her!

We're so happy that a lot of our adoption friends are getting OUT of PGN!! I haven't been very social lately and haven't been keeping up with Guatemala affairs very well, but we are just so happy that people continue to be united with their beautiful babies! We keep in close contact with Elena's foster mother and sister and they are really struggling financially. Please pray for them and all the people of Guatemala who suffer financially.

We hope that everyone is well and are having a great 2008! Blessing to you!

No comments: