Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

We had a lovely Father's Day! The weather is absolutely perfect today! I opened all the windows early this morning with the expectation of having to close them part way through the day, but it was just awesome all day.

Elena and I did lots of nice things for daddy, who deserved every bit of it! We started by having a landscaper clean up our landscaping. Usually Sean does it himself and actually enjoys it, but this year he was just so busy and hasn't gotten to it. They are not done with it yet, but so far so good. The rain kept them from finishing yesterday. That is something that I have absolutely no interest in tackling myself. Second, we completely cleaned the garage. It was just me doing the work, of course, but I told Sean it was Elena's idea. I was filthy and exhausted, but it was well worth it. It took me ALL day Friday. I pretended to go to work, but actually headed to the store to get hooks and peg boards and other stuff to organize and clean. Sean seemed pretty happy when he got home from work. He thought I was at work all day! Saturday morning Elena and I made a stepping stone for daddy. See pics below. It was fun; albeit, a little messy. We're going to put it out front once the landscaping is done. It will be nice to see it out there everyday. This morning we made daddy's favorite Nana's Apple Cake. Mmmm . . . mommy and Elena's fav too. Then today, we had Sean's parents and my parents and my sisters and their families over for a cookout. Simple and relaxing. It was a great day to sit and just enjoy being with family. Sean is an awesome father and he deserved a great day!

My niece just got back from NYC where she did some cleanup at a camp and did mission work in the city with her youth group. She was so excited and had so many stories to tell. I'm so happy that she has made some very important personal decisions in her life recently that will really just change her life forever. God is amazing! Both of my sisters have amazing children that I am so proud of!

I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day, especially all you dads!! Happy Summer too!







No comments: