Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Our Story

Let me preface this by saying that it doesn't matter what the "Title" of my entries are . . . I go off on tangents! For those of you who know me well . . . you get it!

Sean and I decided to adopt last February after several years of infertility and miscarriages. God opened up the adoption path to us which was great because my body and emotions called it quits! In early March of 2006, we began our research and chose our adoption agency who we just LOVE! Our SW is the best; I don't think we could find any better. After several meetings, interviews, and a TON of paperwork (aka our Dossier), we received a call on November 9 telling us we have a referral (meaning, we have a daughter!). What an exciting and memorable day for us! Since then we have done a lot of waiting, met a few milestones in the process, and most importantly got to visit our Sweet Sweet Elena!

We found out that we entered PGN on March 12 and haven't heard must since. That's probably a good thing; no news is good news, I hope. For those of you who are not familiar with the Guatemalan adoption process the PGN is equivalent to our Attorney Generals Office. It is the final step in the adoption process, but is the LONGEST. I'm praying my way through it! Some cases get through it in a matter of 6 to 8 weeks (that's the average they gave us) and some are in it for months. The PGN has several layers of reviewers who look at your case and have the opportunity to kick it out if they find any "errors." These are lovingly known as a KO in the adoption world. If you get kicked out, it is hopefully for something that your attorney can easily fix and get you back in quickly. The sad news is, you go right back to the bottom of the pile. :(

Once your case gets approved by everyone, including the top dog at the PGN, you are considered OUT! So keep a look out for that topic on our blog! We're hoping it is soon. Once you are out, you wait for PINK. This is when you get your appointment at the US Embassy in Guatemala and can finally bring your child home. Congratulations to our friends Kendra and Michael who just found out they are PINK!! It's amazing how excited I get to hear of other's wonderful news.

We have made some of the most wonderful friends through this process! I want to give out a special THANK YOU and lots of love to those friends who have been so supportive . . . Marne, Nina, Kendra, Lori, Peg, Dina, Andrea, Ellen . . . oh, I hope I didn't miss anyone. I don't know what I would do without all of you!

Our families have also been so wonderful and supportive! We are truly blessed!

No comments: