Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Waiting for Pink

Today we received an e-mail from the US Embassy requesting additional information from our attorney (this is called an I-72). It said that our file did not include Elena's original birth certificate. The good news is we were submitted to the Embassy! Our attorney has been amazing and I know he will get it taken care of quickly. We'll have our pink slip soon, that we know!

I have to say that this has been by far the most emotional time I have had in the entire process. I can hardly explain it. I know that we are so close to having her here in our arms forever. I'm having a hard time focusing on anything else and that is really not like me at all.

Thank you Kendra, Nina, and Marne for being my awesome emotional support!

We worked on Elena's room this week and I am thrilled! I love it so much! I find myself peaking in there over and over. Friends and family continue to be generous to us! We've received and continue to receive so many wonderful gifts, hand-me-downs, and gift cards that allows us to have everything we need for her homecoming. We are just so blessed and are so thankful.

1 comment:

GDS said...

Hey - congrats on the adoption of your amazing little girl. She's such a blessing. And absolutely adorable too!

Nina pointed me in your direction - she's graciously taking a package with her next month. We just got our referral.

Praying that Elena comes home soon.
-GDS