Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 31, 2007









I haven't posted for awhile! We're still doing really great and Elena is still wonderful and sweet (of course). I can't remember what it was like without her, nor do I want to. We just love her so much! She's still on a really great schedule; although, we are usually out and about every afternoon. This means mommy is messing up her afternoon nap. She sleeps really well in the car. Today we went to work again. I've worked for my company for fifteen years so I know a lot of people; all who want to meet her. This was our third trip to meet people and I still have another building to go to. She only lasts so long and I don't blame her for that.

We had a very special day on Sunday. Elena was baptized. It was very emotional for us and we had a very blessed day with our families. She did so well while being baptized. She just looked at our pastor while grabing at his robe. He said "she was a gem!" I love our pastor so much; he is so wonderful with children. Our families came back to our house and we had lots of food and just a very nice afternoon together. The day is just how I envisioned it. I've been waiting for that day for a long time. My daughter is a child of God . . . officially. What a wonderful gift.

Well Elena is still not crawling or walking. Is that bad? People say not so we will just remain optimistic and be thankful that all of our picture frames are safe on the end tables. She stands pretty well with our help so we think it will be soon. I also am struggling with things to feed this little girl. Now that we have introduced her to rice cakes, Cherrios, ripe fruit and other things that she can chomp on, I think she is doesn't care much for baby food. She still loves her banana cereal in the morning though. Sean called Enfamil just after we got home from Guatemala to ask them which formula here in the US is comparable to that in Guatemala. Ever since then, they have been sending us great coupons ($5.00 off) and samples too. We just got a can in the mail yesterday. Sweet!

I only have one more month until I have to go back to work. Ugh. I will miss her very much, but we found a GREAT daycare center. The original center we were to put her in fell though, which is another blessing! This center is secure, clean, has educated teachers, small ratios AND she loves the director of the center, which sealed the deal. We visited a center near our house the other day that was not secure at all (we walked right in amongst the children) and she cried like I have NEVER heard her cry before. We left her with one of the teachers to go talk to the director and when we got her back, we could hardly calm her. I couldn't watch that happen everyday! We feel good, actually great, about our pick.
That's it for now. I want to end this post by saying "CONGRATULATIONS" to Peg, Joe, and their son Timothy! They are finally home from Guatemala forever. I think they need to move to Pennsylvania.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a wonderful day! Congrats to you guys and Elena on the Baptism!! So glad all is going well. As far as the walking/crawling - no worries! They say by the time she's 18 months or older and hasn't at least cruised furniture on her own is when you should maybe start seeing someone about it! Some kids are just later then others!

Peg said...

Tammy,

Y'all are so sweet for celebrating Timothy's homecoming on your blog. What a blessing you are in our lives.

Congratulations on Sweet Elena's baptism. May she always open her heart and soul to God's whisper -- and may she have the courage to follow the path He has set forth.

I'll give you a call sometime next week.

-- Peg