Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 12, 2007

So our most exciting news is Elena said her first "word!" I have been trying to get her to say "daddy" or "dada" since she has been home. She said it tonight and I mean over and over. Then I said it and she repeated it over and over. Ha! It was exciting. I'm anxious to see if she says it again tomorrow. It was a big moment for me! We ran outside to let daddy hear too. She said it a little, but I think I killed the moment at that point.

We finally got a little pool for the deck. Elena really likes to splash around in it. I sit in it with her and that keeps me cool too. Funny that everyone we know has a pool and we sit in four inches of water on the deck instead.



We took a trip to Sean's Nana's house in Bally PA on Saturday after the July 4th holiday. It was great to see all of his relatives and for all of them to finally meet Elena. We had a great time. They had a cake for Elena and gifts. It was a really nice day as it always is at Nana's. Sean wasn't able to go since the State hadn't passed the budget yet. He was at work.


Sean and I took a CPR class this week. I highly recommend this if you have never taken one or if it has been awhile for you. I had taken it years ago, but seriously needed a refresher. This focused on child /Infant CPR and addressed choking. We are certainly glad we took it.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awww look at the family together!! I love the pics!! So exciting!!

Peg said...

Tammy,

She's beautiful. And her first word! Oh so cute.